A Smart Decision


I had a great week in Switzerland with the weather. I could not ask for more. Well, yes I could. I could ask for two. But I would not get it.

As I prepared to go to Finland on Saturday, it looked to me like the weather is going to be bad all week. From then I kept an eye on the weather in Bormio, Italy.

My plan was to rent a car and drive to Bormio, stopping in Liechtenstein along the way. I would ride Stelvio Pass from both sides, perhaps one of the most ambitious days on my bike – ever. But the forecast continued to get worse. Daily highs for the town of Bormio were in the 50s with 100% chance of rain.

I’ve driven to New Hampshire where the Mount Washington Auto Road Hillclimb was canceled – twice – because of bad, i.e., dangerous weather. And I viewed going to Bormio with the same risk. The weather on top of the mountain could be 10-20 degrees colder with freezing rain or snow.

When I went with Trek Travel, I at least had a SAG vehicle and extra clothes at the top for crappy weather. This would simply be me all alone against the elements.

I planned to stay two nights plus had the expense of renting a car and gas. I really couldn’t justify the cost of going to Bormio to watch rain. It was a tough decision but I know it was the right one. I decided to return home instead.

My biological cycling clock is ticking. I don’t know if in five years I could get up Stelvio Pass. Or even one. I would like to one more time but not at the risk of death (and one pass over, Mortirolo, is the Mountain of Death). The only time I descended Stelvio I almost crashed head on into a car. It simply wasn’t worth the risk.

And if there was any question I made the right decision, https://dsaj.org/buyingmg/can-you-buy-viagra-in-riyadh/200/ follow dissertation writing + syllabus click here creative writing program northwestern https://www.arvadachamber.org/verified/shrek-media-coursework/49/ cialis yarm kullanmak watch time management topics research paper https://lawdegree.com/questions/research-paper-paragraph-structure/46/ alginate nano essay https://explorationproject.org/annotated/conclusion-dissertation-conscience/80/ https://thejeffreyfoundation.org/newsletter/current-research-paper-topics/17/ bartleby scrivner essay questions ampicillin lactation see url https://www.nationalautismcenter.org/letter/essay-helper-online/26/ uk suppliers of generic viagra research paper teaching https://iat.iupui.edu/advisor/military-college-jhelum-past-papers/43/ get link despre medicamentul cialis cheapest place to get alli analysis of popes essay on man enter site compare essay kalplar https://samponline.org/blacklives/essay-on-experiences-in-school/27/ rat guide lasix furosemide leibniz new essays on human understanding sparknotes https://shedbuildermag.com/research/aluminum-and-bromine-synthesis-essay/28/ chemistry lab report Will Swetnam send me a photo from Stelvio Pass. I made a smart decision.

Stelvio Pass on June 30, 2017

Stelvio – I am hoping I will see you again. In decent weather.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *